It is funny how things suddenly "click" and then a particular skill just takes off. For Malcolm, in the past few days it has been music. While in the kitchen, I heard him in the living room playing his xylophone. He was keeping a pretty steady rhythm and doing four taps per note, going down the scale. When he reached the bottom of the scale, he ran the mallet up the scale in one big sweep, and put the xylophone away.
A couple of days ago, I was singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" to him, and he did all of the hand motions as I sang. They sing this song every week in school, so I asked if he could sing along with me; and he did! The next day, we were singing it again and I asked him if he could sing it to me by himself. He told me that he, "Not know it by myself." The following day, I could hear him talking to himself in the back seat while I was driving. The clapping and saying, "Yay!" caught my attention, so I turned off the radio to listen. He was singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" to himself and doing the hand motions.
Tonight, I came out of Dorothy's room and could hear Malcolm singing along with Kevin to "Take Me Home, Country Roads." I had to go in there to see for myself. He was so cute, and knew most of the words. We are going to have to see if we can get him on video singing.
Malcolm is also going through a phase of loooving lots of things. It is lovely to hear that he loves his friends Fletcher and Brody, that he loves certain foods, and certain animals. It is also very cute when he exclaims things like, "Beach Boys! I loooooove them!" when selecting songs to listen to on his MP3 player. Today in the car, I was less impressed with his musical taste when that Kid Rock song, "All Summer Long" came on the radio and he declared, "I loooove this music!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment