The last thing on Malcolm's birthday celebration wish list was to have afternoon tea, and he chose to go to The Drake in Chicago.
He seemed to really like it, and I think he felt pretty grown up having "real" afternoon tea. We sometimes do a similar thing for dinner which the kids like a lot, but it is more special at such a beautiful location.
Kevin and I were both very happy with how well both of the kids behaved. Even when they didn't care for something, they didn't make a big deal out of it, and just left it on their plate like we always tell them. Now if they would only do as well at home. The ladies that were sitting behind Malcolm came over on their way out to say how cute and well behaved the were.
Dorothy and I enjoyed the last of our drinks. I had the wild blackberry black tea which was fantastic. Kevin chose the house blend black tea, which I also tasted. It was good both black and with cream and sugar. Dorothy and Malcolm had hot chocolate instead of tea.
The flowers in the center of the fountain was huge and impressive. There were some tables for two right next to the fountain, and we were just beyond that. It was great to be able to enjoy the fountain, and we could hear the harpist well too.
Not the best lighting, but the lilies in the lobby were gorgeous.
While waiting for our car, the kids checked out these adorable mechanical circus toys. They had lots of moving parts and were incredibly detailed.
She's roaring like a dragon because of the dragon (or, I suppose, drake) light fixture.
We went to a more casual tea last summer at a little British food shop, and Malcolm said he preferred that one to the fancy one. The casual one served a delicious cheese sandwich and Nutella sandwiches for the kids. It's hard to compete with that.
And this finishes Malcolm's seventh birthday celebrations. He is one lucky kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment