Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Big Boy Bike

Last week, a neighbor very generously gave Malcolm a real big boy bike.  Her husband had bought it for their grandson, but he was too big for it.  I'm not sure why they didn't try to return it, but we are very grateful.  Malcolm is absolutely thrilled with it, and it is a much nicer bike than we probably would have bought him.  He asks regularly if he can get out his "big boy bike" then rides it around and around the driveway until one of us can walk with him down the sidewalk.  While he is riding, he can usually be found grinning like mad and saying things like, "I love having a big boy bike," or "I like being so big."  So very cute.

The first time we took it for a test ride, I had to push him to get him started and he had a little trouble always peddling in a forward motion. The brakes are coaster brakes, so the bike stops pretty suddenly if he goes backwards, and it took a little practice to learn how to keep that from happening. By the time we were about two houses down, he was doing great. It won't be long before I'm unable to catch him. I promised that if he got good at riding that maybe we could take his bike to the bike trail and he could ride with mommy and daddy.

The pictures aren't the best, but for now they are all we have.














Hey, look!  I finally got a video to upload!  Again, not the best quality, but you can see how well he is doing and how excited he is.  We had the bike about 2 days when I took this.

No comments:

Post a Comment