Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby, It's Hot Outside

It has been about a million degrees this week and we are doing our best to keep cool.  The kids had one more week of swimming this week and I was very happy to be in the water with Dorothy instead of up on the deck with no shade with the parents of older kids.  I didn't think that I would get any photos of the kids in their swimming lessons since I am in with Dorothy.  This session, Malcolm is in class with a little sister of one of the boys from his preschool class.  The mom stays on deck and usually sits near where their class is, so I asked her if she would be willing to take some pictures for me.  She was happy to do it, and after class, I found out that she is a photographer.  So, not only did I get pictures of them swimming, but she took some really good ones! Malcolm loves his swimming class and it shows. I think he was grinning in just about every picture.


Practicing his kicking.



Practicing their arm movements. It is possible that he is mixing up his swimming arms and dancing arms.



He's still not 100% comfortable floating on his back, but it is getting better.



He does much better on his front.



The mom took lots of photos of his face that were great and this was one of my favorites.



She took a few of Miss Dorothy too.





It was still hot today, so Kevin took the kids outside to play in the sprinkler while I made some dinner.


They loved putting the beach ball over the spray of water.






The basketball was more more Dorothy's size.



She was not afraid of the water at all.



Both kids got very wet and stayed nice and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment