Dorothy has been wearing lots of my old clothes lately and many are becoming favorites. Here she is in a small sampling:
Mom thinks she picked up this top at a garage sale. It looks great with the white pants I bought and I added a red cardigan when it was colder.
I have seen photos of me in this little knit sailor dress. In her hands are an old Little Person and a car.
I couldn't believe that the elastic in the waist of these pants was still good.
This is a dress that my maternal grandmother gave me. I wasn't sure about it when I first saw it, but I just love it on her and she wears it all of the time and gets lots of comments on it.
This had a little bib overall sun romper that went underneath the top, but the plastic lining for the diaper cover bit was in bad shape. It's still pretty cute with just plain white leggings. It is hard to see here, but it is a light green gingham and there are small tulip flowers at the bottom.
This dress has some very delicate lace at the top and the lace, ribbons, and hem all needed some mending before it could be washed or worn. I found the leggings at Target and they look like they were made for this dress. The lace trim on the bottom is very similar and there is an embroidered design that is similar to the lace pattern.
There are lots of other little dresses and rompers too. It is sort of nice to be able to dress her in my old clothes and it breaks up the more modern styles that get repetitive. Of course, the added bonus is that all these cute clothes were free.
No comments:
Post a Comment