Saturday, April 19, 2014

Egg Dyeing

We have had a lot going on and I wasn't even able to get to the store to buy eggs until Thursday night, so dyeing eggs was delayed a bit, but we got them done just in time!  I love that they are old enough now to do most of it on their own.  I love getting to enjoy how excited they get over trying new colors and drawing on the eggs with crayons.  So cute!

 Getting to work.  It's always difficult to choose the first color you want to do.



 Busy, busy.  We divided their eggs up equally into separate cartons because they don't work at the same pace.  Dorothy would have all the eggs dyed before Malcolm finished his first one.





I think every egg had at least a few crayon marks on it, including one that has "chicken pox" and another with a "queen's face because it is dyed royal purple.


She was concentrating so hard.


 I think we only had one egg crack while lowering it into the dye; not bad for 4 and 6 year olds.  Dorothy did ask for help a couple of times, but she did most of them herself.



 Malcolm was very good at getting the eggs in the cups.



 Checking to see if her egg is dark enough yet.






Checking out the drying eggs.  I asked each kid which was their favorite egg, and they both had 5-6 favorites.  It's too bad that I'm the only person in the house who will eat hard boiled eggs.  The kids love dyeing them, and even cracking, peeling, and slicing them, but I can't get anyone to help me eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment