Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

I have been pretty sick lately and Easter really snuck up on us this year.  I wasn't able to walk enough to go to a store to buy anythings for the kids' baskets, so I ordered the basics online (chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, a DVD for Dorothy, and a birdhouse kit for Malcolm).  I did finally get on some medication that made it so that I could do a quick stop at Target (it really did have to be quick and direct, and that never happens there) and I picked up a couple of other small things likes Peeps on a stick, glitter glue, flower and veggie seeds, and small activity pads.

 Malcolm's basket.  It is barely after 9:00am and he and Kevin are in the basement working on the birdhouse.  I suspect the seeds will all be planted before lunch time.  Malcolm got sunflower and carrot seeds and Dorothy got pumpkin and zinnia seeds.



 Dorothy's basket.  In her hand is a Kinder Egg that we brought back from our trip to London last year.  We brought back a few, but have been saving them for special occasions.  When Malcolm saw it in his basket he exclaimed, "British eggs!"  We only have two eggs left for some other time.



 Yes, we have Easter morning in Christmas pajamas.



 More Christmas pjs, and the wintery movie "Frozen."  We saw it in the theater, and she wasn't so sure about it then, but has been full of questions about it for a couple of months now, and is interested in seeing it again.  It will probably be much less intense at home than at the theater.  Malcolm wants nothing to do with it.



 New clothes!  They each insisted on bringing their special friend out with them for the egg hunt.  Color coordinating with Blue Donkey and Pink Blankie (we are not creative namers) was completely coincidental. 



 I don't have many pictures of Malcolm because he hunts eggs lightening fast.



 Dorothy is a bit more slow in her searching.  She will also run past 3-4 eggs to get to one that she sees that is far away.

It is too bad it is partly covered, but the brown patch on her dress is a rabbit.  The head is covered by her sweater and the tail wraps around to the back.  It is so cute on her, which is good, because I spent entirely too much for it with the justification that she should be able to wear it for two years.



 She is so serious that it's hard to get "happy" pictures of her.



 Time to break open the eggs and see your stash.  Dorothy always seems to find the eggs with money in them, much to Malcolm's disappointment.




 Admiring his haul.


Our friends taped a note to our kitchen window letting us know that the Easter Bunny had hidden 6 bottles of wine in our yard.  We hid beer (terrible beer that has been passed back and forth a couple of times because no one will drink it.) at their house one year and they returned the favor this year.  Here, Kevin has found two of the bottles.



Best Easter ever!

We don't do much else for Easter, except go out for pizza.  All in all, a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment