He has been begging me for about 2 years to take dance class. When he was two years old, he took a class at the park district and we had to walk by the dance rooms to get to his class. It was all I could do to keep him from barging right in to the dance classes and he would stand in the doorway and watch until I would drag him away. They had some old recital photos on the walls and he would point at them and say that he wanted to do that.
I was very happy to find out that the preschool we chose had a dance teacher come in once a week, so we just had him do dance while at school. It was nice not to have to try to add another activity to our schedule. Dance class is one of the only things he has ever talked about from school and he just loves it so much! I told him that for summertime, he would have to choose if he wanted to take dance class at the dance studio or if he wanted to take gymnastics at the big gym. He very enthusiastically chose to dance.
For now, he isn't really into separating everything into "girl" things and "boy" things, but we did talk about how there might not be any other boys in his class and if that would be OK. I didn't want him to be surprised when we went to the studio and there weren't any boys in his class since at school, the dance class was mostly boys.
He looks just darling in his white shirt, black shorts, and black shoes. For the past two days, he has gone and put on his dance shoes and demanded that I dance with him. This is a huge change from the toddler who would shriek at me, "No! No! No! No dancing, please!" I only managed to snap a couple of quick pictures on our way out the door, which didn't come out real great because I am holding Dorothy in one hand and the camera in the other. He just wanted to go and had no interest in posing for any photos.
He had a great time in class and was just adorable. He hopes that they do "animal actions" or "freeze dance" soon since those were his favorites from dance class at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment