Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Little Ladies Man

Yesterday I took our rabbit, Fiyero, to Malcolm's preschool class where he hopped around and investigated the kids and put up with all the petting incredibly well. I told the kids a little bit about rabbits and they liked getting to see such a big bunny.

Dorothy was also a hit and several of the little girls wanted to play with her outside. One little girl had a brother who recently died, and she made Dorothy a little drawing and told me that she wanted to, "play with Dorothy outside. I know how because I played with my little brother and know how to play with babies." She also got very upset and pouted if another little girl came and wanted to play with Dorothy too. It was really sweet, but sad to watch. Dorothy had a blast getting pulled around the playground in the wagon by the big kids.

Today, when I went to pick up Malcolm, one of the boys told me that, "Malcolm said you were going to bring his bunny today," and I explained to him that the bunny only came that one day. He then told me, "But two of Malcolm's girlfriends didn't get to see it." Girlfriends!? That was the first time I had heard that word use in relation to my son.

I asked Malcolm about it when we were getting in the car to go home:

me: Malcolm, do you have any girlfriends at school?
him: Yeah.
Me: Do you know any of their names?
him: Nope.
Me: How many girlfriends do you have?
Him: (thinking) Hmmm...I don't know. I never counted them before.

I'll have to see if we can figure who and how many girlfriends he has at a later time. He has just recently started mentioning a few classmates names. All but one are boys though. The one little girl he mentions is always about something naughty that she was doing. I suspect that the stories he tells about her are not entirely accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment