Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

We had a lovely Easter weekend!  On Saturday, we colored eggs.  Malcolm requested doing both white a brown eggs.  He wanted to dye brown eggs brown, but I convinced him to use the colors we had.


The eggs, all boiled and ready to be dyed pretty colors.



Our dye: blue, yellow, green, red, & purple



Both kids, excited and ready to get started.



Once I showed him how to set the egg on the spoon and lower it into the dye, Malcolm did a great job and didn't need any help.



Dorothy was having a hard time staying in the kitchen helper tower and was very grabby with the dye, so we gave her her own eggs to do on the floor.



All of our pretty eggs!


On Easter morning, we did baskets first, then I made apple spice waffles. After breakfast, we went outside to hunt eggs.


Their baskets of goodies. Dorothy's (on left) had: dark chocolate bunny, 3 flower fairies I made, 5 bean bags I made, 2 fabric doughnuts I made, a shovel, Little Miss Giggles book, and two egg shaped maracas. Malcolm's basket had: dark chocolate bunny, 5 bean bags I made, 2 fabric doughnuts I made, red baseball cap (like daddy's), black sandals, frog rocking stilts, Mr. Messy book, and jingle bell shaker.



The kids check out their loot. Dorothy is wearing Malcolm's hat and is holding an egg maraca. Malcolm has one of the bean bags.



Found one!



Most were down low, but this one was a big reach.



Dorothy needed a little help to reach some of the eggs.



Looking cute in her Easter outfit. She is wearing a dress that my grandmother bought me shortly before she passed away. It was chilly, so we had to add a sweater and leggings.



Checking out their loot. They were both pretty excited about the candy inside the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment