He woke up at 6:00 (usually sleeps until somewhere between 7:00-8:00) and went straight into the bathroom and tried his best to get dressed in the clothes we set out last night. He did really well considering that normally getting him to dress himself is met with him going boneless and falling to the floor while wailing about how hard it is. He took off his pajama bottoms and put on his underwear, pants, and socks all by himself. I forgot to check his underwear and discovered after school that they were on backwards. Oops.
Ready to go to school.
With his back pack.
We love the idea of being able to walk to school since it is only 3 blocks from home. This is good in theory, but almost ended poorly when Malcolm fell...twice on the way there. I had to give kisses and carry him part of the way, but once he could see his school, he demanded to be put down and was ready to go.
Walking the last few feet to school.
At his classroom door and ready to go inside. He wanted to know why I wanted to take his picture. He just wanted to go downstairs.
When I picked him up, I was greeted with, "I just want to stay and eat lunch here." I don't think he missed me at all. Some kids go half days and some stay for the full day; he is only doing mornings. He fell one more time on the walk home. Once we got home, he was so tired that all he wanted to do was sit at the outdoor table and have a long hug. Poor little guy was wiped out. And hungry. He ate a huge lunch before dragging himself upstairs for a nap.
I could not get a lot of information out of him about what he did today, but here is what I was able to learn:
He ate small crackers for a snack with something on them that was not cheese.
Sometimes he had to take turns and sometimes he could play with what he wanted right away.
They have 2 outdoor play sets and and very big sandbox.
He played with lots of kids in the sandbox.
He does not know his teachers' names or any of the other kids' names.
No comments:
Post a Comment