Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

This was going to be the year that I took decent pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes.  Usually, I wait until was are headed out, and it is too dark, and the kids won't hold still because they just want to finally get to go trick-or-treating.  Malcolm only had a half day of school, so we planned to head to the park to get some decent shots of their costumes.  Well, it was freezing cold, windy, and has snowed on and off all day.  I left the car running, had one kid jump out, took the quickest pictures I could, then switched and did the other one.  The photos are not what I imagined, but they are were the best I could do since they didn't want to be outside without a coat for more than a minute or two (and I can't blame them).

 Malcolm is Gene Kelly from "Singin' in the Rain".  The base of this lamp post was too vertical for him to be able to stand on, so he had to just stand next to it.



 He knows several of the dance moves from the movie.



 He was too cold to sing for me, but he knows he song and is adorable singing it.



 He makes a pretty handsome Gene Kelly.



 Dorothy is Rapunzel from the movie "Tangled."  We even had a green chameleon puppet that I pinned to her shoulder to be Pascal, from the movie.



 You get the full effect of the hair braid in the back.  She loves the long hair in theory, but has been taking if off after a short time because it is heavy and gets in the way.



 I told her to twirl in a circle.  You can see that it was just a little breezy.  Good thing Pascal is pinned on.  Malcolm's hat kept blowing away.



This is closer to what I had in mind for a "twirling" shot.



She loves her dress so much.  When we were trying it on for the first time, she kept saying, "Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!"  It is easily the fanciest thing she owns.




 Because turnabout is fair play, the kids took some pictures of me as Minnie Mouse.  They took their pictures from the warmth of the car, and the angles are terrible.  Malcolm took these two.  They don't show my fun yellow shoes, but they are better than Dorothy's.  She did get my shoes, but my head is chopped off in almost all of them.



My eyes are closed, but he didn't do too badly for a seven year old.  I honestly didn't expect for any of their pictures of me to turn out at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment