Saturday, October 4, 2014

Fall Consignment Sale

I haven't done a consignment sale breakdown in a while, but was encouraged by a couple of people to do one for this latest one.  I completely missed the sale last Spring, because that was when I came down with the terrible strep throat that later turned into rheumatic fever.  This is just about the clothes, not the kids, so if you don't have any interest in kids' clothing, sorry, that's all there is this time.  For anyone local, this is the sale I go to.  It is very well run, and since they are picky about what they will accept, it is pretty easy to shop since you don't have to wade through quite so much poor merchandise.

Grand total, I spent $175 and a few cents.  For that, I got:

6 pairs of pants
2 sweaters
6 long sleeve shirts
1 windbreaker
2 sweatshirts
5 dresses
1 pair of tights
6 pairs of socks
3 pairs of shoes

Not too bad, I think.  Usually, the older boy section is pretty slim, but this time, I found more for Malcolm than for Dorothy.

My pictures are not the greatest since I took them indoors at night, but you can get a good idea of what I bought.  Everything is in very good condition, and a few things were brand new.

 Gymboree rugby shirt and Tucker & Tate cords.  They were not sold as a set, but they look sharp together.



 Hanna Andersson shirt and Boden lined skate pants.  These were also not sold as a set, but they look like they were made to go together.  I happened to talk to the mom who was selling the pants, and she said her son rarely wore them because she didn't have anything to match them.



 Gymboree button down shirt and Hanna Andersson sweater.  Also not sold as a set, but they look good together.  I already have a pair of black cords these will look great with and I'm thinking about getting Dorothy a coordinating Hanna Andersson sweater dress to use for holiday events.  The design on the sweater is on the front and back, and I like that is also goes down the sleeves.



 Three pairs of jeans, none of which look like they have been worn.



 Two Gymboree sweatshirts.  Malcolm is super excited about the one on the left ad says that it has two of his favorite things; space and a kangaroo pouch.  The one on the right looks better in person.  It is a dark green fleece with a grizzly bear embroidered in the same green on the chest.



 Close up of the bear.  I don't usually go for the aggressive animal designs, but it was really cheap, a style he likes, warm, and we saw bears in the Smoky Mountains this summer.



 Gymboree heavy-weight shirt and The Children's Place sweater.  I like the cable knit going down each sleeve on the sweater, and it is really soft.



 Steve and Barry windbreaker and Gymboree tan cords.  The windbreaker was new with the tags still on it and Malcolm has already worn it to school a couple of times.



 Gymboree sweater dress and a red turtleneck.  They were not sold together, but I'm going to see how the dress looks with the turtleneck.  If I don't like it, I'll put it with something else.



 Two Hanna Andersson dresses.  I love the navy and white one and Dorothy loves the colorful twirly dress.  She's going to have to wait until Spring to wear her favorite (its a touch big), but I knew she would love it so I went ahead and bought it now.



 Gymboree owl jumper and a Boden jumper with big polka dots.  Both of these are corduroy.  The pink shirt was actually sold with the polka dot jumper, but I like it better with the owl one.  Dorothy had a similar polka dot dress in purple in a smaller size that I loved, so I was excited to find this one in blue.



 Gymboree purple velvet dress and Land's End tights that were brand new.  Don't worry, these won't be worn together.  The dress is fairly dressy, but I'm just going to let her wear it to school.  Right now, Dorothy is all about the "fancy" dresses.  The tights were packaged with 6 pairs of new Land's End socks.  It was hard to tell exactly what was in the package, but I'm glad I rolled the dice on this one.  The socks are colorful and cute and Dorothy has already worn two or three pairs of them.  I love the tights a lot and will see if they will match anything we already have.  I know we have some red and navy things that are solid colors, so hopefully, they will go with something.



Burnt orange Elefanten T-strap shoes, navy Land's End mary janes, and tan Merrel mocs.  Malcolm is relieved to have some slip on shoes that he can wear at school.  He has been wearing shoes that tie and while he can tie them, he gets frustrated because he isn't very fast at it.  Dorothy is unimpressed with the may janes, but they match the navy and white dress perfectly.  She does really like the orange shoes, but I'm not sure when they will go with.  I'm sure we will find something.  Orange is still her favorite color and these were really cheap (and not a cheap brand) and looked like they have never been worn, so I went ahead and bought them.

This might be the first sale where I did not come home with any non-clothing purchases.  I would have liked to get a couple more things for Dorothy, but overall I'm very happy with what I bought.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, you did great! One of these years I'm going to drive down for this sale. I love the navy Hanna dress. You also found a lot of awesome stuff for Malcolm! I've already found that it's harder as boys get bigger just in 3t.

    ReplyDelete