This is where we spent most of our time; at "the beach." The kids loved that there were no waves like when we go to the ocean, and I liked that there were ropes marking how deep it was. The area closest to the shore is only 3 feet deep, so they had plenty of room to roam and swim and I wasn't too worried that they would get in over their heads. On the far left, you can just barely see the playground and splash pad area. The building contains the locker rooms, offices, and a Culver's where we had lunch.
In the water! They had the best time moving buckets of water around.
Malcolm thought it was neat how the water would push the sand out of the way and make little channels to run back down.
Malcolm would send Dorothy to fetch water for him and she always went in really far to get it instead of just scooping it up near the shore.
Many sandcastles were built (and destroyed).
Kevin got in on the sandcastle building too.
Malcolm, sculpting his castle. He prefers the dribble method to packing the sand in to a pail to shape it.
Running!
They checked out the playground and splash pad for a little while, but vastly preferred the beach area.
Dorothy had to get a good swing in though. She loves swinging.
After lunch, we took a little walk around to see what else the recreation area offers. There are a couple of little hiking trails, picnic areas, and boat rentals. We are thinking about coming back to canoe sometime.
This is what happens when I say, "Look at me."
Here, I asked them to please pick a rock to sit on together.
At least I got a good picture of them individually.
I'll try for one of them together sometime when they are less worn out.
It was a very fun day and Dorothy was simply exhausted. Kevin said she didn't move at all when he laid her down when we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment