Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday Photos

It's that time of year again, where I loose my mind and think, "Hey, I should do some cute pictures of the kids for a holiday card this year.  How hard could it be?"  I'm a bad photographer with mostly unwilling subjects; what am I thinking?  I won't put in the good ones that will show up on the card, but here are a few of our outtakes. 

Things started out a little rough with neither kid wanting to cooperate. 


If I had not cut off the top of Malcolm's head, this one would have been really cute.


This one was nice, but we ended up not using it since we had others that were better.  I like the pose, but their expressions could be better.


To liven things up, I brought out some candy canes.


And there was much rejoicing.


Letting them eat the candy canes resulted in some strange expressions.


I told Malcolm to put his arm around Dorothy, and he immediately put her in a choke hold.  This was taken after I loosened his grip a bit.


Once the candy canes were gone, things got silly quickly.



Here is my super professional set up.  Luckily, we had nice weather today, so I was able to take advantage of no coats outside and a cloudy day.  Perfect for taking pictures.  The snowflake background is some cheap wrapping paper I found at Target.

After doing a bunch at home, we drove over to a shopping center that had a tree already up and that was not fenced off, so we could use it as a backdrop.

The problem was that it was windy...

...and they were silly.
I did manage a few decent enough shots, so I'm happy, but mostly I'm happy that they are done and I don't have to worry about it anymore.  I think the card turned out really cute and hopefully, so will all the people we send it to.


No comments:

Post a Comment