Last summer, we found a CedarWorks playset on Craigslist for a steal. Instead of buying a new one, we bought the used one. It was much bigger than we probably would have been able to get at about 1/10th the cost. This Spring, for Malcolm's birthday, we bought three accessories to add a little fun; a two-seater glider swing, a skateboard swing, and a rope and bucket.
 |
| Dorothy inspects the box contents. |
|
|
 |
| Some assembly required. |
 |
| The kids got right to work, helping out. |
 |
| Dorothy loved the box of hardware. |
 |
| She also knows her way around a torque wrench. |
|
|
 |
| Here it is all put together. |
|
 |
| The rope and bucket, for hauling treasures up to the top. |
 |
| The glider swing and the skateboard swing. |
The skateboard swing is the hit of the neighborhood. Malcolm, Dorothy, and the two kids from next door all like it a lot and it holds two five year old boys pretty well. It is hard for the girls (age 2), but they can both do it. Well, they can stand on it and wobble a bit. None of the kids have gotten it to swing much, but I have. I admit that I tried it out while the kids were napping and had a lot of fun on it.
 |
| She got on all by herself. |
 |
| She likes to make it wobble instead of swinging, but she has fun. I'm sure she will figure it out soon enough. |
I am pretty happy with our new additions and hope that the kids get many years of fun out of them.
Awesome stuff Tara! Thought of doing a skateboard swing for our set. Glad to know it's a hit.
ReplyDelete