The week before, Malcolm finally started writing, and it was mostly legible! He couldn't remember how to spell his name, but if I said the letters out loud, he could do it and he was very pleased with himself. He was excited to write his whole name, all by himself, on the Valentine cards for his class. I wrote his name on a post-it and stuck it to his table so that he could look at it when he needed help to remember what letter came next, and he worked on his Valentines on and off all weekend. Dorothy, of coarse, had to get in on the action too.
Since I am a month late in posting this, I should add that Malcolm can now write his name with no outside assistance. He is on the cusp of reading and writing and it is a very exciting time. He is picking out words he knows by sight when we read books, he is asking us to spell lots of things so that he can write them, and he is practicing sounding out some words.
| Concentrating very hard. |
| His Valentines came with stickers, so I set Dorothy up with some little bits of paper, a pencil, and her own heart stickers. |
| He loved choosing where to sign his name and put the sticker. He didn't usually pick where I would have put it (open spaces), but he was proud of his efforts. |
The older Dorothy gets, the closer they seem to become. If you had told me that siblings could like each other so much, I would have thought you were crazy. Sure, they bicker, but no where near as much as I expected, and they play nicely together more often than not.
| Cuddles for everyone! (The bear's name is Cuddles) |
There is more proof of sibling love that my husband posted here.
No comments:
Post a Comment