Since Dorothy is too little to have any interests of her own beyond mommy, milk, and getting into whatever her brother is doing, we went with a generic cupcake themed party. Who doesn't like cupcakes?
The kids played for a little bit while waiting for everyone to get there.
The birthday girl wore her cupcake dress again, and played with her gumball machine.
The kitchen set was very popular with most of the kids.
Making friends and playing cars & trucks.
Then it was time for cake!
The birthday girl got to eat her cake right away while the bigger kids sat down to decorate their cupcakes with sprinkles, M&Ms, mini marshmallows, and mini Reese's Pieces.
The spread before the kids sat down.
Diving in.
Sprinkles are serious business.
After the cupcakes were decorated and eaten, it was time to open some presents.
Dorothy is a big fan of curly ribbons.
She got lots of great play food for her new kitchen.
Reinforcements were standing by in case she had trouble opening the big package.
I know there is a funny caption that should go here, but I'm drawing a blank. These two were born about 12 hours apart; one on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas Day.
It was a fun party and both kids were just exhausted when it was over. I had to poke Malcolm awake the next morning so that he wouldn't be late for school. I was amazed at what a good night's sleep they both had after eating all those cupcakes and sprinkles.
Possibly my favorite thing to come out of this is how Malcolm says, "Pupcake," when asking for a cupcake. He's too cute to say no to. "Please, may I please have a pupcake, please?" Who could resist that when combined with him looking up at you with those big brown eyes?
Kizie used to say pupcake too! I agree, it's the cutest. I miss her saying it.
ReplyDelete