We have an advent calendar with little doors. This is the first year that Malcolm has been old enough (and I've been organized enough) to do it. Behind each door is a little piece of paper with an activity written on it. Some are elaborate and some are simple. Yesterday was the first day, and it said to read a Christmas book. I pulled out 3 or 4 books and Malcolm chose
Fristy the Snowman for us to read. Later, he asked daddy to read him
The Night Before Christmas.
Today's paper said to build igloos out of sugar cubes. I dumped a bunch of sugar cubes on his little table, gave him two kinds of sugar tongs, and turned him loose. He really enjoyed stacking and building with the cubes.
Stacking cubes, using the tongs. Please excuse the crazy, after nap hair.
Checking out our joint creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment