Every year, Dorothy's school goes to Brookfield Zoo for a field trip. This was my seventh time going on this field trip, and also my last. For Dorothy, it is less about seeing the animals, and more about spending time with her friends. Maybe someday I should take the kids to Brookfield and focus on actually trying to see some of the animals instead of everything else.
We always have to stop for a photo on the lion. She is almost tall enough to climb up on her own. I barely had to boost her up. By next year, she'll be able to hop on with no problem.
Being a peacock, right after we saw a couple of real ones stroll by.
On a polar bear with her best little friend. All she did all day was keep track of where her friend was and make sure that they were together.
Outside the rhino exhibit. The rhinos were out, but I'm not sure if the kids really saw much of them.
This is what they were doing instead.
We always end our visit with a ride on the carousel. This year, Dorothy rode an ostrich. I'm never really sure how she chooses what animal to ride. I've asked her, but she can never explain it to me.
It's a fun day, but a bit exhausting with so many people we know there. Now that we are done with the school field trips to Brookfield, maybe we will try some family visits and see how those go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment