Today was Malcolm's 8th birthday! It doesn't seem possible that he could be 8 already.
He was pretty sad in the morning because he wanted to stay home form school and hang out with Dorothy, Grandma, and Grandpa. I can't say that I blame him. I took ice cream into his class to share as a treat, so I'm sure that helped make today a bit better, even if he did have to go to school on his birthday (something Dorothy will never have to do).
After school, he was allowed to pick one present to open. The rest had to wait until Kevin got home from work. Malcolm chose the biggest package.
He got to play with it during quiet time, and it was a perfect activity.
It's so hard to be the little sister and non-birthday child.
He's working his way through the book, and already did several of the layouts.
Once Kevin got home, he was allowed to open the rest of his presents. I think everything was a hit this year.
Dorothy wanted to give him something just from her, so she picked out two packs of Magic cards at the toy store.
He got his first Hot Wheels track from Kevin and I.
There were so many presents to open.
He got two sets of Legos; one from The Hobbit and one from The Lord of the Rings. He and Kevin have already read The Hobbit together and are working their way through The Lord of the Rings.
Dorothy also had a couple of things to open, which thrilled her.
Malcolm was on hand to "help" if need be.
Malcolm got to (mostly) choose where to go for dinner. We vetoed The Melting Pot based on price and how long it would take. His second choice was The Golden Corral. After dinner, we stuck candles in his orange sherbet with gummy bears and sprinkles (yuck).
Dorothy chose the even more gross concoction of orange sherbet, hot fudge, and sprinkles.
He's getting to be so big and grown up. He's half way to getting is drivers license. Whoa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment