Thursday, September 4, 2014

Dorothy's First Day of School

Today was finally Dorothy's first day of school.  Hooray!  Malcolm has been back for three very long weeks, and she was pretty excited to head back too.

 It was pouring down rain when I got up this morning, but it had died down to a very light rain by the time we were ready to head to school, so we pulled out the umbrellas and went ahead and walked.



 Eager to get going.



 She was asking for something very elaborate about two braids that she wanted for her hair for the first day.  I never did figure out what she meant, but she was happy enough with this.  It did take a little convincing that the bows would not work at the top of the braids.



 Since it was so wet, we went inside to wait until it was time for her school to start (we get there pretty early after dropping off Malcolm).  There is a Bible in the lobby and whenever we have to wait, she "reads" it to me and tells me stories.



 At the door, ready to go in, and have me knock off the picture taking.



What I did while the kids were at school. 


 She was very happy to see me after school.



Why are you trying to take more pictures?  I picked her up in the car since we were on our way to meet Kevin.

She came home with a pile of papers of things she made, but Kevin and I are not allowed to look at them.  She is going to have a fantastic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment