Today I took our rabbit, Fiyero, to Malcolm's school so that the kids could see and pet him, while I talked a little bit about rabbits. Fiyero is a pretty mellow rabbit, who doesn't worry about much of anything, so he is great with kids. I went over the rules with the kids about how to pet him from head to tail, and to only touch his back, and use inside voices so as not to scare him, but aside from the vacuum, I don't think much really scares Fiyero.
I brought Dorothy with me, and when we got there, the kids were still finishing up some work. That was all the invitation Dorothy needed to join in.
 |
| First, she did a little work with the timers. |
 |
| Then she moved on to her current favorite thing; drawing. She took a poor kindergartener's chair, but he didn't seem to mind. |
 |
| Fiyero played it safe to start with, just hanging out in the middle, out of reach of little hands. Despite the expressions in this photo, I think the kids really liked having him come in today. |
 |
| He warmed up after a while, and made the rounds. |
 |
| He seemed to be able to pick out Malcolm and went over to him a few times. |
 |
| We are very lucky to have such a good natured rabbit. |
 |
| It appears that Fiyero and Charlie are having a heart to heart. |
Once we were back home again, I gave Fiyero a big bunch of parsley as a reward for being so good. He ate it right away, so I think he forgives me.
No comments:
Post a Comment