Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Full Day Preschool

Today was Malcolm's first day of full day preschool.  He has been very excited about it and has been begging to get to stay since about his first day of school a year and a half ago.  However, this morning he was feeling a little unsure about being so grown up and spent the better part of the morning whining that he just wanted to finish with his trains (it's quite an impressive layout that spans the better part of the living room) and that he just wanted to stay with me.  Sweet, but you are still going to school, kid.

In typical mom fashion, I wanted one nice photo where he is standing still, and looking cute and grown-up on his first full day of school. Ha! Ha! Ha! The best I could manage were two quick shots as he was literally running away into the school. Luckily, I had to pop into his classroom for a minute to change some paperwork, so I snuck in a couple of quick pictures while he was working.

On his way in, he happened to look back and I got lucky.  The other photo I took is just a blur.



He sat right down at a table with a friend and started taping bits of tissue paper down.



He was concentrating so hard that he didn't even notice me.



Dorothy has gotten a bit used to having him around after two weeks of vacation. When we got into the car to go to gymnastics she told me, "Malcolm missing." I don't know if that meas she misses him or if she just thought he was missing and was supposed to be there. She forgot all about him once she got involved in dismantling his train layout though. I put it back together as best I could, but we'll have to wait and see if he notices that it isn't exactly the same. He would have a fit if he knew that I not only let her do it, but I let her play with his special train engine that "goes by itself on the tracks." I even replaced the battery for her.

I hope he had a great first day. He's due home soon and I hope he's not too excited to nap a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment