Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holiday Photo Shoot

I wanted to attempt some holiday photos early so I would have time to try again and still get the cards ordered and mailed out, so we went to a local mall that has a beautiful old carousel.  I envisioned wonderful pictures of the kids on the carousel, smiling, laughing, and being cute and natural. Of course, I couldn't get either one of them anywhere near any of the horses. They did ride it, Malcolm once and Dorothy twice, but they only wanted to sit on a bench.

Not bad, but not exactly what I had in mind either.



I told them to hold on to the pole, in an attempt to salvage my vision of a carousel Christmas card.

This is the face Dorothy makes if you tell her to smile.




After failing at the carousel, we tried some pictures at some of the giant trees.  Dorothy didn't want to sit down and pose, so I promised her a cracker.  Then, I thought better of it and tried to get her to take a Tic-Tac instead.

You promised me a cracker.



What do you mean I can't have a cracker?



I just want a cracker!



She finally got her cracker, but she still had no interest in holding still.

They are both getting suspicious that this photo taking business is going to go on for a while.


Dorothy makes a break for it while Malcolm simply refuses to face me.



And thus ends another holiday photo attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment