Malcolm did wonderfully in his class, feels pretty comfortable on the ice, and rarely falls (unless it's on purpose). I was really impressed to see so much improvement between the two times I observed him.
The boys getting their skates on.
Waiting for class to start.
Practicing falling and getting up.
Skating with daddy.
Following a line the teacher drew on the ice.
Malcolm's favorite activity is picking up the animals off of the ice. He was very good at this and was pretty fast at picking them up and returning them back to their basket.
At the end of class, they have 15 minutes of optional free skate time. Today was the first time Malcolm wanted to stay and he and Kevin had a good time.
Coming off of the ice, he finally lost his balance and I happened to catch it.
The ice center has a concession stand, and Malcolm has been asking to eat there since the first class. We told him that at the last class we would stay and have lunch there. He was very excited to have his cardboard pizza and apple juice and even talked us into a push-pop on the way out.
I love that last shot, it's so John Travolta! :D
ReplyDelete