Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apple Picking

Last week we went to the apple orchard as part of a field trip with Malcolm's school.


Malcolm's first order of business was having cider and doughnuts.  I have to say that I don't even like cider, but this was really good.



They had a big kids' play area with a fire truck, play house, pirate ship, and tractors to "drive."  There was also an animal barn and pony rides, but he had no interest in those.




Malcolm was most excited by the prospect of picking his own apples, so we headed out to the orchard part.

He had a great time picking the apples that were down low.


Dorothy got to hang out and play with an apple while Malcolm & I did all of the work.


The kids check out the apple we picked.

I had Dorothy in the stroller and Malcolm was walking.  What I had not planned for how I was going to carry the basket of apples and push the stroller by myself.  Luckily, a staff member had come back to help an elderly couple with their baskets and offered to push Dorothy while Malcolm and walked back to the car.

It was a really nice outing and we plan to make it a new fall tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Those apples look so big compared to the kids! :D Looks like a wonderfully fun day.

    ReplyDelete